Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shoes Need New Owner

A pair of ROXY slip on flats needs loving owner.


I bought these darling shoes in Washington, while we were on vacation. They were on the super clearance rack. Ten whole dollars. Can you believe it? I was not going to pass up this bargain even if they were a 1/2 size too small. Shoes stretch out, right?
Maybe, if you are patient enough to endure the pain, which I tried.
I walked in these shoes for 2 hours on Sunday, while at a Farmers Market. My toes were a little uncomfortable at first and then they started to rub against my heel. I decided to just walk on my toes and that started to get annoying so I took the dang things off and walked around barefoot.
Later, I took the shoes back to the hotel room and replaced them with a more comfortable pair. No big deal. We got home from our trip and I went about my daily tasks on Tuesday. That night I saw that I had a blister on my right heel and it was painful to walk and to move my ankle around. I still didn't think anything of it. The next morning it was still hurting and I decided to take care of the blister by squeezing the pus out of it. ( sorry for those that have weak stomachs) I sprayed it with some numbing spray and it felt better. A few hours it started to hurt again and It was painful to walk again, I noticed quite a bit of redness around the blister and it looked like it was spreading to my ankle. It was also warm to the touch. It seemed like some of the symptoms of an infection. I called my doctor and his nurse told me to come in. The doctor squeezed the pus out of it and gave me some antibiotics and said that she was glad that I came in and that I was starting to get cellulitis.
Can you believe this, all because I couldn't pass up a good deal. I could of bought a really cute, comfortable pair of shoes for the money that I spent at the doctor and my antibiotics.


My heel, the day after the doctor visit. It actually looks a lot better
then it did yesterday.







I am serious about finding a new owner, If anyone has size 7 feet and wants these shoes let me know. I am never going to put them on again.

5 comments:

jilljohn said...

Melissa-sounds like something I would do-it must be in the blood, anything for a good bargain! I wish that I could say that they would fit me, but no way. Hey I finally got my blog done-check it out at www.jilljohnarmstrong.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It's so not fair! I'm a 71/2! Their darling shoes. I don't blame you for trying to force the issue. I would've done the same thing! Hope your heel heals!

Anonymous said...

PS - I tagged you at Heaven Help the Horsleys! Hope you'll get a chance to do it cuz I would love to learn "six unspectacular quirks" about you!

lynsey said...

hey melissa!

sorry, i'm blogstalking you through lauren's blog. cute shoes, not my size though. but i've done the same thing before, buying 1/2 size too small and hoping for the best. cut to 2 years later, they're on the table at my garage sale. :)

anyway your DMB trip looks like so much fun. jealous that it's a yearly thing! well keep in touch & you can check out my blog if you'd like:

benseyleb.blogspot.com

love, lynsey (lauren's sister)

kellbell said...

sorry inever got back to yu...my weeek up north was packed full! I try to remember to out you on my SLC email list so when I come up for session I can liet you know! Hope ur doing well