Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Annual Dave Matthews Trip


The Beautiful Scenery





Luke, Melissa, Jamie and Nicole (my cute sis)

We just returned from our 5Th annual Dave Matthews Band trip in George, Washington at the Gorge Amphitheatre. We went with my sister Nicole and her husband Jamie and then some of Luke's friends who attend every year as well. The concerts are held over Labor day weekend and they play Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We attended all three concerts. They play a different concert for each night. Some of his new songs are repeated but overall the songs are switched up. All three concerts were great, but Sunday's was my favorite. He played some of his more common and upbeat songs, like Ants Marching, Lie in our Graves, When the World Ends, What Would you say, Corn Bread, So Damn Lucky. The band saxophonist recently died from complications of an ATV accident, so every night they had a video tribute to him. On Friday night glow sticks were handed out before the concert and during the tribute everyone was throwing the glow sticks, it was literally raining glow sticks. One thing that was different this year then any year is that it was freezing. Friday was OK, I had to put on my Jacket and I was fine. Saturday, I wore jeans and had two jackets on and was still cold. I was so cold toward the end that I couldn't enjoy the music. I had to go buy some Hot Chocolate and I almost walked back to the car before the concert was over. Sunday's concert we came prepared with long socks, and shoes vs. flip-flops, hat, and blankets and it was perfect. Below are some pictures. I got some footage of Dave dancing. The last song on Sunday night was Thank You, a cover song, but supposedly his guitar string broke and he gave it to a member of stage crew and then began to go crazy. It was pretty cool to see him let loose like that. You can't see it very well on this video though. Someday it would be awesome to be on the front row.

The Gorge is a crazy place, you see some pretty weird people. It is fun to just people watch. Many, Many drunk people running around, falling down, doing crazy stuff.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so cool! You guys will have to get the front-row seats on your 10th anniversary or something like that.

Who originally wrote "Thank You"?