Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our First Post

Friends have been pressuring me for months to write a blog. I kept saying No, no. But I am here to say that I caved and I am writing our very first blog. Luke has already told me that he is not going to participate. Hope you don't get sick of hearing from just me. I have always disliked writing. I dreaded writing those papers in high school and college and made my mom write them for me. Maybe this is going to be a little bit easier , its pretty simple writing about me. Perhaps I will get better with time. Just no laughing, ok. For those of you that don't know us Marti's, we are Luke and Melissa and will be married 7 years in August. We met on a blind date through some friends. We have two crazy boys.




Rylan is 4 and loves to be outside; rain, snow, sleet, hail and of course sun. He loves to ride his bike, play in the sandbox with his construction toys and just get dirty, dirty dirty. He is 100% boy. Just yesterday we were playing outside and he wanted to turn on the sprinklers and he went over to the sprinkler box but got sidetracked by some enormous snails. He proceeded to Chase me around the yard with them. Of course I start screaming and he says "ok, I'll stop" as soon as I calm down he starts chasing me again, pretty soon I run into the house and he follows me inside and I start yelling "get out, get out." The snails are big, fat and ugly. They are seriously the biggest snails I have ever seen. I wish I would've taken a picture so you guys would all understand the trauma I was in. I think the old rhyme is very fitting "snakes, and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of." What a tease.




Our second boy Mason is not quite old enough in his 16 months of life to rile me up like that yet. However, he is quickly learning from his older brother. He does his fair share of mischief though. The other day I caught him trying to put an entire roll of toilet paper plus the toilet paper holder down the toilet. Luckily he doesn't know how to flush it. What is it with toddlers fascination with toilets. Mason also loves to be outside. He mad dashes for the door as soon as it is opened. Ask me how I am going to get anything done this summer.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that toilet paper thing has got to be some sort of "toddler right of passage" because all three of mine have done it too! What is so great about that? I can't figure it out.

Anonymous said...

PS - Welcome to the blogworld! You're gonna love it! And you've done a great job with yours.

jilljohn said...

Great blog Melissa. I could totally picture the episode with Rylan. In our family, Ally would be the one chasing-lizards instead of snails.
Maybe your blog will motivate me to finish mine!
I am so glad that Rylan is ok!

The Schwartz Family said...

Melissa,

You NUT!!! I have told you many times to STOP buying those cheap shoes. Maybe you will listen to me now. I hope to see you Wed for lunch. I am looking forward to seeing you!... Dayna